2 – 3 lemons ½ C. white wine vinegar
3/4 C. sugar ¼ C. vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 C. sliced natural almonds, toasted 2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half 1 small red onion, sliced into thin wedges
1 package baby spinach
- Zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 tablespoon zest. Juice to measure ½ cup juice. Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds. In the Measure, Mix and Pour blend all ingredients until well blended, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spread almonds in single layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool almonds in bar pan.
- Meanwhile, hull strawberries using Core n More; cut strawberries into quarters.
- Score cucumber lengthwise using Lemon Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using The Corer. Using the Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade, slice cucumber; cut slices in half. Slice onion into thin wedges.
- Place half the spinach in the Trifle bowl; add layers of the next three ingredients – strawberries, cucumber and onion.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve – plate up salad.
- Pour dressing over salad.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
The Pampered Chef